Published on Central District of California
In order to adjust to the sequester cuts in the Court's budget, the United States District Court, Central District of California, will furlough staff and reduce Court services on specific Fridays between April 26 through the end of August 2013 in all three of its divisions - Western (Los Angeles), Southern (Santa Ana), and Eastern (Riverside).
The days on which the Court will be closed and only reduced services will be available are as follows:
Friday, April 26, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
Friday, June 21, 2013
Friday, July 12, 2013
Friday, July 26, 2013
Friday, August 16, 2013
Friday, August 30, 2013The courthouses in each division will remain open on these days, but the Clerk's Office will be closed except for the following services:
- The criminal intake section will be open to process bond-related matters, new arrests, and other documents necessary for the criminal duty calendar, which will continue to be held.
- The following emergency civil filings will be accepted:
- A new action where the statute of limitations expires that day.
- An application for a temporary restraining order regarding an event that will take place prior to the next business day.
- An application for a warrant for the arrest of a vessel regarding an event that must take place prior to the next business day.